The fourth EC meeting for the year 2013 was held at SRM Medical College Hospital, Kattankolathur on 31 .08. 2013 in the Department of Anatomy
Following executive members were present
- Dr.S.Senthil Kumar
- Dr.Vathsala Venkatesan
- Dr. Jecintha Antony
- Dr.R.Ramesh Kumar
- Dr Senthamizh selvi
- Dr.J.Vijaya Kumar
Immediate Past President Dr Dr.G.Chandrasekaran convened the meeting to order, as the President Prof. P.Saraswathi is out of the country.
Prof.A. Krishnamurti, Editor in chief unable to attend the meeting, apology for absence wasconveyed.
Following members also expressed their inability to attend the meeting: Dr.S.Rajasankar, Dr.Melani Rajendaran, Dr. Swyam Jothi, Prof.Thenmozhi, Dr.V.Rajaram, Dr.A.K.Eswari, Dr.S.Girija.
Following agenda were discussed in details and resolved
- Progress of 36th Annual conference: Prof.Sundrapandian, Organizing Secretary, briefed about the arrangements made for the forthcoming annual conference of the association. He conveyed the tentative schedule on the scientific program planned for the conference. EC members also placed their views and suggestions to incorporate in the plan of action for the conference.
- Website and Journal publications: In the absence of Prof.A.Krishnamurti, Editor in Chief, journal activity was presented by Dr V. Sankar, Joint Editor. He conveyed that the company hosted the Website was not prompt enough and had failed in bringing up the journal to the expectation of the association. Hence a new company has been assigned the task and things are moving in right direction to re-launch journal online again.
Any Other Matter: Two Items were discussed
- Members want to discuss on the Awards presented in the conference: During this discussion all the members placed their views on the award presented during scientific sessions and especially to streamline the award criteria and make it more competitive. One of the key suggestions was to reduce the number of awards and remove faculty award all together. It was resolved that same would be placed in the next general body meeting for deliberation and resolute decision to take effect from next conference (2014).
- Complementary registration for EC members: During meeting there was discussion raised by members on extending complimentary registration to office bearers/EC members. Members reinstate that it is not the money that matters, but it is the recognition given to the voluntary contribution of their time and effort.
Every year, EC members and the organizing secretary of the conference were left in uncertainty on the complimentary registration to EC members. It was discussed that there should be clear official statement or guideline to the organizing secretary and members concerned about complimentary registration. Members conveyed that this gesture is a move to encourage members to attend EC meetings towards the betterment of the association activities. In this connection, EC members wished to officially move the following resolution in the general body for ratification.
"It is resolved that EC members who have attended minimum 3 EC meetings out of 5 meetings held in a financial year will be complimented with registration fee waiver for the ensuing annual conference of association of anatomists, Tamilnadu. The general secretary shall send the list of EC members to the organizing secretary of the conference to extend complimentary registration to the members concerned not later than 15 days before the conference date".
Additional Notes regarding this resolution:
- If organizing secretary cannot afford complimentary registration then the association may consider reimbursement.
- Number of EC members may be reduced to 10 maximum.
- Honorary registration is separate from complimentary registration
- On the Forthcoming conference: Prof.Sundrapandian, Organizing Secretary was glad to extend registration wavier up to Joint Editors in the forth coming conference. However, it was also conveyed that those who want to pay the registration within this list of EC members are welcome.
Meeting was adjourned with vote of thanks from Treasurer, Dr.S.Prakash